Missed period, light bleeding, negative pregnancy test, having severe stress. Can stress cause<br>delay?

I have my period every month on the 20th.. this month on the 20th I got out of the shower and wiped and there was a dirty blood color on the towel. Put in a tampon and had nothing on it for the rest of the day.. next day I put a tampon in just in case and when I pulled it out it had a slight bit of dirty bood on the very tip.. then nothing for the rest of that day now I m 3 days in and still nothing.. no dirty blood or anything.. not after sex or the shower.. took two pregnancy tests and they were both negative.. could I be pregnant? I feel like at any moment my period will start.. I have been under stress .. could that be the cause?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
In my opinion as your urine pregnancy test is negative get a pelvic ultrasonography and b HCG testing because it can be an early pregnancy or worse ectopic tubal pregnancy and then visit a gynecologist with reports.
stress can cause delay in periods definately but not this pattern of bleeding.
specially when you are getting this dark altered colored bleeding.
In case you have further questions you can consult me on health care magic forum and i will be happy to help
Take care and wish you all the best.
Dr Manisha Jain