Missed period. On susten. Negative pregnancy test. Am I okay?

i have missed my periods and do not want to be pregnant. its been 6 days that I have missed my periods and my doctor advised me susten 300 mg for 3 days. will this help in me having my regular period. I did a pregnancy test at home and it came negative. Have started taking the tablet today after the test came as negative. please advice
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Since you are six days overdue and the pregnancy test is negative, there is no need to worry. The delay in periods seems to be due to a hormonal imbalance. Taking sustain can help in bringing your periods after you stop taking it.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. RakhiTayal