Mirena birth control inserted in vagina, cramps, sharp pain, lower abdominal pain. Normal symptoms?

I ve had the Mirena for about 8 months. Last week I no longer felt the strings and called my doctor. They are trying to squeeze me in sometime this week or next week if there is an cancellation, otherwise my appointment is in my begining of October, however I ve been have some cramping, but then today I ve been having severe cramping with some sharp pains. My lower abdomen is very tender to touch. Is this normal? or could it be something serious?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  47 Awaiting Answer