Mild posterior annular bulge at L4-5, mild desiccation at L5-S1 with no posterior HNP. Partial laminotomy on the left L5 lamina. Indications?

Hi, the results of my MRI done without contrast states: at L4-5 the disc is normal in height and signal but has a minor posterior annular bulge that touches the ventral aspect of the thecal sac and causes 50% foraminal encroachments. At L5-S1 there is mild loss of disc height and mild loss of signal with a circumferential annular bulge that does not affect the small thecal sac. It does cause majority foraminal encroachments. He (I) has had a partial laminotomy on the inferior aspect of his (my) left L5 lamina with no evidence of scar tissue extending anteriorly into the spinal canal . Facet joints and right ligamentum flavum are normal. He is post discectomy . Impression: Mild posterior annular bulge at L4-5 without complication. Mild desiccation at L5-S1 with no posterior HNP. Partial laminotomy on the left L5 lamina without complication.
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012