Mild fever. History of tonsils and sinus. On agithromycin 250 mg and antibiotics. Any solution for this?

I am 29 years old and an old case of tonsilitis. I keep getting it back along with sinusitis sometimes.

I recently in second half of Jan 2013 took a course of agithromycin (250 mg) and 2 continuous courses of some 500 mg antibiotics. In the past i never had relief with an antibiotic below 650 mg in strength. I have been prescribed antibiotics too many times and too frequently. Just after 1 or 1.5 months after finishing the 3 courses of antibiotics I started feeling the pain again in my throat and I can see swelling in my throat. There's mild fever from last 3 days. I am really fed up of visiting ENTs and general physicians. Do I need another round of antibiotics to get out of pain again? Is tonsillectomy the only solution left for me.

Please advise.

Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013