Mild chest pains within left breast

22 year old male, pack a day smoker. Born with mild heart murmur but grew out of by age five. No symptoms of heart attack or angina. Pain is not associated with excercise or eating. Pain I would describe as an ache, not sharp without feeling of pressure. Occurs axp 4 -5 times per week over the past 5 weeks. No changes in lifestyle, diet, exercise or meds. Currently no medications, low activity level. So... I think I ve ruled out all the first things that come to mind. I am confident it is originating in my heart, not surrounding tissues. I am perplexed, help? No signs of heart murmur since age 5, has been checked with the past year. I had a pop about 3 weeks ago, not likely. Also I fairly fit, 155 lbs 5 9 . No stress, no GERD or Acid reflux. Had a peptic ulcer in lower stomach 2 years ago, treated no further related symptoms. I plan on seeing a doctor, but in my experience doctors have come closer to killing me then treating me.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Too many possibilities, you need to see your doctor and get it checked out. Anything stressfull happen lately? Have you considered the possibility of it being GERD? In any event only an EKG, CX and labs can rule out MI ... yes it's happened before at age 22, so see a doctor even if you think it's something mild. Edit: Since you gave more info the only thing I can tell you is that you need an EKG read by an experienced MD. THere are a number of arrythmias that could cause you to have these sensations, some obvious and some not so. WPW for example is rare but something that could be associated with your symptoms. No one here is qualified to make that dx so the sooner you see someone the better off you will be.