Mild abdominal cramps, light spotting, lower back pains, negative pregnancy test. What could the cause be?

i am 22 great healthy i for the past few days have had really lite abdominal cramps almost like im about to get my period but its not due for another week it usually comes at the begining of the month. yesterday i had really light pink spotting and again to day. ive had lower back pains also it may be to early to tell if im pregnant but i took a test about three days ago it was negative. also when i woke up i took another test and it said no but ive been spotting on and off now for 2 days today makes day to and it comes and goes but its not my period time. thats in about a week and a half.. do you know what this could be??
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
If you are sexually active and not on any contraception, the best thing to do now is to go for the assessment of serum beta-hCG titres as urine tests are not going to help you until 3-7 days after a missed period and that too with a fresh early morning sample. Blood test is more sensitive and specific. If pregnancy is excluded, you should be investigated for the possible hormone imbalances and get supplemented. Any infections are also to be excluded. Hope you find this information useful. Wish you good health.