Migraine with severe vomiting, pain in the head. Hormonal problems suggested. No thyroid or diabetes. What else?

Yes, I am a 38 year old female. Once or twice a mth I get a migraine with extreme vomiting and sweating and severe head pain. I am not on the pill anymore . Have seen a doc and neurologist and they just say it is hormonal I am so sick I can t function. Any ideas . They did test me for thyroid, diabetes and chemistry panel and everything was fine. The headache lasts a couple days and I suffer from migraines for the past 6 yrs.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013