Middle ear infection, whooshing sound in ear, unbearable pain, swelling in eyes. Inhaled steam. What can help?

Hi I've been diagnosed by my gp with middle ear infection and he put me on antibiotics it is accompanied with a whooshing sound In my ear and more worrying an unbearable pain in my head when I cough it is so bad that I have to squeeze my head,also my eyes feel swollen I've tried inhaling steam and sudafed to no avail also my hearing is really bad because of all this i would be really grateful for your reply thanks Pauline
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013