Met with accident. Have broken ribs and lung full of fluid. Unable to drain lung. Treatment?

my daughter was in a fatal car accident 4 months ago. she was sent home with me hours after the accident with a missed diagnosis of 5 broked ribs and a lung full of fluid. Last week we found this out. She was in physio for 5 days a week since about a week after the accident. doc tried to drain the lungs thrusday and couldn t at it is too thick, brown old blood and it has gone into what they called pockets - the got only 250 ml out... her whole left lung is full. I m scared as we wait for the thoracic specialist becuase i don t know how long she can live this way and the ramifications are unknowns to me. she had gone back towork and done everything they told her to do including work through the pain - not realizing she had 5 broken ribs and a lung full of fluid (everyone now is asking how she did it... i don t even know). the problem is we do not have that kind of specialty in our town... we are having to wait as no specialist is willing to take this case from our family doctor (who is also frusterated). she is not in hospital as we wait. she feels the best she has felt since the accident so she continues to do stuff she isn t supposed do (she is 22). she is off work now due to the new information and all forms of physio have been stopped as well.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013