Medium sized rash around injection site post shooting meth. Cause?

A few friends were shooting meth as they have for a long time n got it from same place as usual after shooting it all of them expirienced horrible pins n needles all over starting at head n face to toes and also a very hot burning sensation over the body skin was actually so red they were almost purple. One of them missed a little bit and got a medium sized raised rash around the injection site. She used to b a opiate addict and experienced this from morphine shots but none had ever experienced it from meth it was weird why would this happen
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013