Medicine for swollen ear after pin hole

My daughter has a small pin hole in her ear. Her ear is swollen and she is in pain . What should I do?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum,

Small pin hole in ear drum or external ear ?? I think question is incompelte.

If it is after ear piercing than just remove the stud and put a thread .

Take a milder antibiotic ointment over it and take paracetamol 500 mg once daily for 2 days .

If hole in the drum after a cold or trauma or infection than take antimicrobial antibiotic ear drop 2 drop 3 times daily. you can take paracetamol course too for 2 days.

If no relief than see an ENT specialist for further evaluation.