Mass on the left submandibular gland. Normal biopsy report. No tumors in nasopharyngial area. Have facial numbness and middle ear infection

Hi, i am a 41 year old male. about 5 months ago, i noticed that i have a mass on my left submandibular gland . i consulted an ear, nose throat specialist and he did a fine needle aspiration biopsy . result was no atypical cells seen. i asked for a second opinion and a doctor checked me up for tumours or mass on my nasopharengial area which turned out negative. but lately am suffering from intermittent facial numbness. also, i am taking antibiotics for possible middle ear infection since when i went swimming, water entered my inner ear . is the numbness related to the submandibular mass or to the middle ear infection? thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012