MRI showing torn meniscus. Difficulty in bending due to pain. Need immediate attention?

I had an MRI done on my left knee for an injury that happened that day. The MRI showed a torn miniscus . They are currently scheduling me for a scope to be done, however, yesterday I was bending down and when I went to get up the knee felt like it was going to pop but didnt. I bent down again because of the pain and when I went to stand up again, the leg popped and it immediately brought me down from the pain. I now can barely walk on that leg at all because of the pain. I didn't sleep last night as the pain is severe ! What could have happened ? Should I be worried about more damage to that knee now? Should I call my doctor and advise or just wait till my scope date?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013