MRI showed area suspicious of metastasis, PET showed nodules on thyroid and cyst on ovaries, biopsy showed nodule. Cancer signs?

My mother had an MRI that showed areas suspicious of metastasis . A PET Scan showed nodules on her thyroid and cysts on her ovaries. A biopsy was done on the thyroid that showed a 3.4 centimeter nodule clustered with few veins. The next step is a blood test with t markers for the ovaries. Does all of this activity mean there is probably cancer and the doctors are just trying to be sure?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013