MRI scan shows mechanical left recess stenosis due to disc extrusion, disc bulge. Suggestions?

I have just had an mri scan which i would appreciate your help understanding mechanical left lateral recess stenosis due to left paracentral disc extrusion at L5 S1 with impingement of the traversing S1 nerve root . Annular disc bulge at L4-L5 . I have had symptoms for 9 months slow onset, I have had a caudal epidural and currently take gabapentin for neuropathic pain (pressure, heaviness up back). I have altered sensation in seat area, scatica (no longer painful altered sensation) and sitting ot walking a distance are problematic for me. I have been offered another epidural or surgery after a 1 month further increase in medication. Is this scan result minor or a concern, should I just continue, I am struggling to work Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012