MRI of cervical spine shows mild protrusion of discs causing mild thecal compression, no remarkable neural foraminal stenosis. Suggestions?

Hi. My mother is suffering from sever neck pain for a long time. As prescribed by doctor she has undergone an MRI cervical spine where the findings are as under: Mild posterior protrusion of C4-C5, C5-C6, & C6-C7 discs causing mild thecal cmpression but no remarkable spinal or neural foraminal stenosis As prescribed by docttor she is undergoing traction for the last week but still the pain does not seem to reduce.. She gets relief when she is sleeping or applyting hot pad . Request you to please suggest
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013