Lump under the skin, swollen area around the scar post stitches that is itchy at times. What is it?

About two months ago, I sliced my wrist area on a broken window. I needed stitches in my tendon and on the surface level. Now, there is a lump under the skin, the area around the scar is swollen and itchy with periodic times of pain. I ve been reading about sutures that don t dissolve or are rejected by the body and about infections, but I still haven t found much that s helpful. What do you think it could be?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012