Lump under armpit, can feel it while touching, on painkillers, remedy

hi, i have a recurring hard lump under my armpit. it isnt visible as in like a shaving mark/lump but i can feel it when i touch in the armpit area. i have had it about 6 times in maybe 4 months. yesterday i felt it come back and today its really hurting to the point where i cant lift my arm and i have had to take painkillers. i have made an appointment at my doctors but because of work commitments i have made it for 1 weeks times and the lump may have gone by then. should i get an emergency appointment? thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012