Lump in the throat, movable. Took medicines, problem persists. What could this be?

Hi. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THIS IS PARASITES. THE LAST OCTOBER I STARTED TO FEEL SOMETHING IN MY THROAT, AND I WAS THINKING IT WAS A KIND OF HARD MUCUS , COMING DOWN FROM MY NOSE, BUT AFTER A FEW DAYS FEELING IT MOVING FROM ONE SIDE TO ANOTHER AND COMING MORE DEEP IN MY THROAT I STARTED TO BELIEVE IT WAS NOT A MUCUS OR SOMETHING STUCK IN MY THROAT. I WENT TO SEE A DOCTOR AND THE DOCTOR TOOK BLOOD TEST AND ALL WAS FINE, AND EVEN TOOK SALIVA TESTS AND NOTHING WAS OUT OF NORMAL. THROUGH MY REQUESTED THE DOCTOR RECOMMENDED ME MEBENDAZOLE 2 TIMES PER DAY FOR 6 DAYS, THE SYMPTONS AND PROBLEMS DISSAPEAR AND I WAS NOT FEELING NOTHING IN. ANYWAYS I HAD AN ENDOSCOPY AND ALL WAS FINE, BUT AGAIN, SINCE 2 WEEKS AGO, I AM FEELING THE SAME PROBLEM AND I BELIEVE THERE IS SOMETHING ALIVE IN MY THROAT, SO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU RECOMMEND ME TO DO AND WHAT CAN BE MY PROBLEM. REGARDS, ALEXANDRO
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello

Welcome in H.C.M.

I had read your query and effect of mebendazole on your neck lump, this lump is not appears to be by worm infestation rather neck lumps are most of the time are enlarge lymph nodes.These neck glands are draining from scalp nose ears and interior of throat as well. Culture and sensitivity of throat swab only tells about inf in throat only.

Therefore you are advice for-

1- FNAC from neck lump.

2- Ultrasonography of neck.

With the help of these above investigations and a thorough examination of ear, nose and throat diagnosis is possible ad same can be treated accordingly.

Regards.