Lump in the throat. Suffer from GERD. Taking prevacid. Need a permanent cure?

For the past few years, I have had the feeling of a lump in my throat. Everytime I swallow It makes me gag and spit, sometimes for hours on end. I am at my witts end because this is taking over my life. I have been told I have GERD, yet I have no heartburn, or the nasty taste in the back of my throat. I am taking Prevacid, on day 5 and am feeling no relief. This gagging and spitting from the "lump" occurs all day everyday, I have learned to live with it, but it is becoming more and more severe. What can I do?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013