Lump in the rectum causing itching, pain and occasional bleeding. What could it be?

What is with this lump in my rectum? It remains in place when touched and seems somewhat solid, as in it doesn t SEEM to be some kind of blood boil . Symptoms have included some itching, sometimes pain and an issue with blood. The reason I mention blood is because it seems to corrispond with the times this odd lump has plagued me. I thought the blood was simply a tear in the wall of my rectum but it comes and goes with sometimes many months in between.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012