Lump in the groin area, weight loss. Should I be worried?

HI IVE HAD THESE TWO TINY LUMPS ONE ON EACH SIDE OF MY BODYRIGHT ABOUT THE LEVEL OF MY PUBIC HAIR LINE AND IVE HAD THEM FOR YEARS I ALWAYS JUST ASSUMED THEY WERE MY OVARIES AND I COULD FEEL THEM CAUSE IM SO TINY... 96 LB 5 5 ...... BUT I NOTICED NOW THAT THE ONE ON MY LEFT SIDE IS 2 OR 3 TIMES BIGGER NOW THAN THE ONE ON THE RIGHT...... ALSO I HAVE LOST ABOUT 20LB IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS ..... NOT INTENTIONALLY ....... I HAVE AN APPT FOR A PHYSICAL NEXT MONTH DUE TO THE WEIGHT LOSS BUT I WAS JUST WONDERING IF I SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT THE LUMPS, THANK YOU CARRIEANN
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Hello
Thanks for your query.You had two small lumps in groin since a long time.Out of which the one on left side has increased in size Moreover you has lost almost 20 lb wt in last six months which is something that you are worried about.Do you get fever in the evening and what is the status of appetite?has it decreased ? As this could be Tubercular Lymphadenitis Please get following investigations done.
1) Complete Haemogram with E.S.R.
2) X ray Chest
Please consult some Physician for detail clinical assessment and further treatment.