Lump in lower left abdomen, heavy periods, yellow tinged mucus, watery discharge after periods, iud removed by surgery

I have a hard lump/mass in my lower left abdomen . When I m on my cycle I have severe cramps and pain in my lower abdomen. My periods have been very heavy for the past three years. I noticed the lump about 1 year ago. the lump seems to get bigger during my menstral cycle, then reduce in size afterwards. When my cycle is over I have a yellow tinge mucous/slimy/watery like discharge for about 10 days after my period. I had my IUD removed when I first noticed I had heavy periods (3yrs ago). It was difficult to remove I almost had to have surgery to remove it. Can someone tell me what can possibly be going on with my body??
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012