Lump behind ear, pain, redness. Taking tylenol, motrin, no relief. Treatment?

Not sure you are someone that can answer,this question. I am a female with a lump that just popped out about the size of a nickel behind my ear on my head. I woke up yesterday and I was in extream pain. Not sure how long it has been there. I have taken Tylenol and Motrin both all day yesterday in alturation and this eased the pain but did not stop it. I took benadryl pill and rubbed benadryl cream on this in case it was a bug bite . nothing happened it is red and still have throbing pain. it is shooting pain into my neck and sometimes in my jaw area. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012