Lump around the broken tooth, persistent ever after extraction. Had an injection on the lump during extraction. What could it be?

My tooth broke off around two years ago It wasn t the front one but three from the front right hand side. I had no money so I left it. The pain went away after a few weeks then out of the blue I got a lump which was around an inch up from my tooth on the cheek near the side of my my nose which was a wee bit sore then the pain went away but the lump stayed. My right hand side did look a bit swollen but no one ever commented on it. On Monday I went to the dentist and had the remainder removed. I never mentioned the lump as I wanted what was left of the tooth out as it was starting to get sore. The tooth is gone plus it was a bit of a battle to get what was left out and very painful, also one of the injections went right into the lump. I did have swelling after it came out and put ice on it, the swelling has gone but this lump is still there. I have the usual pain from an extraction which I can handle but would like some advice on this lump. Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012