Lumbar hernia, angina patient, hiccups, poor memory, irrelevant talking, no solid food intake, survival chances ?

Hi, My dad is 83 years and is bed ridden. He has got multipl problems to name few : lumbar hernia , angina patient etc. Presently he has got continious hiccups since yesterday morning. I am very tensed. The positive note is his BP and pulse re functioning properly. He does not recognise people properly. Memory very poor. Talks irrevelent talks. Just need to know his survival chances. Not in any medicins. Our dr had asked to stop . No intake of solid food,only liquid that tooo only two or three spoons of soup, milk etc. once or twice a day.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012