Lower left side/hip began hurts when cough had the flu/bronchitis. Underlying cause?

My lower left side/hip began hurting when I began to cough violently. It continues to hurt when I turn a certain way, stand, and cough. I had the flu/bronchitis and now have an intermittent cough which causes me to gag. This cough has lasted several days producing clear mucus. I feel like something is in the right side of my throat (i.e. like hair) that causes me to begin coughing. Have you heard of this occurrence?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013