Lower back pain in pregnancy. Having contractions. Greenish vaginal discharge. Am I in labor?

I am 36 weeks and 3 days pregnant. The past couple of days I have had constant dull mid-lower back pain . I went to the hospital when It first started and they told me I was dilated 1 cm and I was having regular contractions at least every five minutes (not bad ones, just ones they picked up on the monitor). They gave me a breathamine (i guess that s how you spell it) shot to stop the contractions and sent me home. The next evening I had green discharge . I called my dr about that , he said it was my mucus plug, but wasn t concerned. I have also irregularly had what feels like electric shocks in my uterus . My question is, is the back pain/ ache a sign of labor? I only ask because I know labor pain comes and goes, but this pain in constant and no matter which position I try to relieve it, I get no relief.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012