Lower abdominal pain, tenderness, unable to walk or stand. What is wrong?

Yesterday I started to have stomach cramps in my lower abomin..It radiates from the right side to the middle. The sympotoms are better when laying down, but get worse when standing or walking. I also started my period, but have never had any problems with menstrual cramps prior. I am not sure if it will pass or if I should seek out a doctor as soon as possible. It is also tender to the touch, hurts more when I laugh or drive over bumpy roads. Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013