Lower abdominal cramping, foul discharge, sharp pieces inside vagina. C-section few months back. Cause and cure?

Hello. I had a csection 4 and a half months ago. recently ive been cramping in my lower abdomin very badly and the pst 2 days have had a bit of an order and discharge down there . Tonight while inspecting myself i noticed a sharp peice inside my vagina . I got it out and it looked almost like fish wire, was clear and hard. It was easily snapped in half. There was multiple of them. Since taking them out I have been having alot of pain. I was wondering what this could be and what I should do
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
These symptoms are unusual and may be related to the c-section. It would be impossible to be more specific at this stage as you need a scan to help further. Clearly there is an infection and the source needs to be found urgently.
I suggest you go to the ER as soon as possible.
I hope this helps.
Dr K A Pottinger
MBChB. FRCA