Low pitched constant ring in right ear while blowing nose, turned to high pitch. Reasons ?

Hi there, I ve recently had a cold , which I m in the latter stages of recovery. Last night I blew my nose & immediately got a low pitched constant ring in my right ear. About a minute later a high pitched squelching noise happened. After waking up this morning, the low ringing noise is still there, though not as loud, is still enough of a worry as it doesn t feel right at all. Can you please advise the best procedure? Many thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012