Low loud pulse post heavy physical activity and sex, ringing in ears and dizziness

I am a 27 year old male, somethimes after heavy physical activity or after sex my heart starts pounding really slow and loud. My heart beat is really loud in my ears, i get sweaty and I feel like I m going to pass out. I am a little out of shape, 5 6 and 165lbs but I have always been very active. should I see someone or is this normal.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Apr 2012
Hello.

The slow and loud beating of heart afer a sexual activity is normal response of the body after such a stressful activity. It happens as all the blood flows towards genitalia and vital organs like heart and brain get a lesser quantity of blood.
You can elevate your legs on two pillows after any such activity for an early relief.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal
drrakhitayal@gmail.com