Lost hair. Hair loss not getting better. What medication is prescribed?

Respected Sir/ Madam, I am from Mumbai, India. I have been suffering from hair loss for the past 2 years. My father too has lost hair, however, only in his mid 40s. I am 25 and have already lost too much hair. I am applying Hair 4 U (5% minoxidil + aminexil ) twice daily and also I have recently started consuming minofit tablets once daily. Sir/ Madam, I donot know if these medicines are actually helping because if I skip them for 2 - 3 days I still have hair loss. Therefore, I would like to know if the combination of these tablets would help new hair formation in regions of baldness in addition to stopping hairfall, if consumed regularly on long term basis.
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012