Loss of power in hands after bike race. Related to time spent in saddle and temperature?

We did a very long mountainbike stage race over the weekend, after about 60 km s my partner started to lose strenght and also the ability to change gears and hold onto the handle bar properly, it took us a total of seven hours to complete stage one, on day two the ride was shorter but also took about four and a half hours,her condition was not improving so we decided against her doing day three. Due to time constraints her training was limited, do you think the time spent in the saddle and temperature could have attributed to the loss of power in her hands, we have seen a physio but the mobility has not fully returned? power
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012