Loss of appetite, nausea and continual hiccups. Can it be allergy? Use elm tea?

Dear Doctor, My 15yr old daughter is having the most horrible form of continual hiccups . She feels nauseous and has lost her appetite . She can only tolerate small sips of fluid at a time. Each time she hiccups she is gagging for several seconds at a time. This has been happening for the past six days. We have taken her to the A+E Paediatric dept. three times in four days and none of the doctors seem to know why this is happening. They have taken bloods and said that the result s are normal except for the Hb which is 9.8g/l. which they have put down to the fact that she has not eaten anything in a week. They think it might be some sort of bug and have advised her to try and drink a lot more fluids. She says that she feels a lot of wind in her stomach but when she tries to burp she gets the hiccups which pushes the wind back into her stomach. She feels really miserable and has actually lost weight as she is unable to eat. I have tried an aloe vera formula to help soothe the stomach but she vomited it back up. I also tried slippery elm tea which is well known for such conditions but it has not helped. I am desperate for answers and she is really suffering. Do you have any answers or recommendations?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012