Loss of appetite, heavy sensation in stomach, unable to eat, nausea, body pain, weight loss. Causes and treatment?

I m a 54 year old male. I exercise regularly and usually have a very healthy appetite (sometimes too healthy). All of a sudden one week ago I lost my appetite and have a strange, heavy sensation in my belly. A week ago I couldn t eat and almost felt nauseous and was feeling achy. I don t feel achy now but certainly don t feel my energetic self. I m eating a bit. I ve lost between 5 and ten pounds in one week. Should I be worried? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

There is cause for concern. You should consult a gastroenterologist who can help diagnose the condition if you are having that much weight loss within a short span of time and have GI symptoms. You may also benefit from seeing a psychiatrist to vent out what is happening in your life in general so as to make sure there is nothing that can be attributed to a psychiatric cause. I hope this helped.

Take care and have a lovely day!