Losing weight. Stopped Vitamin B12 supplements. No change. Cause?

About a year ago I started taking vitamin B12 supplements to boost my energy and metabolism. I lost a great deal of weight which points to my having a deficiency. I stopped taking the vitamins about 2 months ago and the weight loss has continued. I started at around 150lbs and am currently at 100 even. I am on no other medications and am otherwise healthy though I do smoke. What could be causing this and should I be worried that it won t stop?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013