Loose stool since long. Had constipation problem. Rectal examination normal. Cause?

Good day - I am a 53 year old woman who has had constipation throughout my life. However fort he past 3 months I have had extremely loose stools to the point of embarassment. I have had my stools tested and they are all clear. I have had a rectal examination and that too was clear. I am due for a gastroscopy in the next week but would like to know in the meanwhile if you know of anything that could be causing this problem.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012