Long term lower and mid back pain issues. Using a special chair, tried all medications. What to do ?

I have had long term lower & mid back issues. The usual stuff.. bad posture is certainly a regular thing. I had a special chair put in at work with all the bells and whistles..this un-firtunately suffered a weld failure a week or so ago. I was in in at the time (I am 13 stone 5lbs). The pain is breathtaking and has been for about ten days now.... Targenact, co-codamol 50/500 and even Versatis 5% medicated plasters are doing little.... I really need to get back to work asap and would like some advice on what to do.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012