Liver enzymes elevated, took medicines, good diet, worked out, lost weight, but experiencing blood thickness, good cholesterol level dropped, bad cholesterol elevated. Reason?

I am a 26 years old male and a bit overweight . Last month (July 5th), I randomly visited my family physician and my liver enzymes (OT/PT 33/55) were elevated mildly with triglycerides about 242 mg/dL. I went additionally for an abdominal ultrasound and found that I had fatty liver , grade 1. My doctor prescribed me with Atchol F ( Atorvastatin 10mg + Fenofibrate 160mg) for 2 months. I cut all fats, sugars, carbs etc in my diet and started aerobic workout for 60 mins a day. The result was that I lost 4 kgs of weight and 3 inches on my belly in just 1 month. Just yesterday, I went for a routine HOCM screening (as my uncle have it) echocardiography with a cardiologist and the eco was normal. She said that my blood looked very thick and that I should run lipid tests again. So, this morning I went for it and to my surprise; my serum cholesterol was 215mg/dL which prior to medication and lifestyle changes was 182 mg/dL, also my Bad Cholesterol (LDL) earlier was 92mg/dl and now it was 139mg/dl while my triglycerides reduced to 186mg/dl from 242mg/dl. Also my Good cholesterol (HDL)dropped from 42mg/dl to 39mg/dl. After lifestyle changes and taking statins, my lipids should have further reduced instead they are on higher side????????? How come this can happen? I am totally confused?? While my OT/PT have reduced to 36& 45 (instead of rising as a side effect form Atchol F). I am a bit stressed and don t know why this has happened and is totally contrary to what statins do!!!!!
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  133 Awaiting Answer