Liver cancer, swollen feet and ankles, frequent urination. What can I expect?

My 85 year old mother has inoperable liver cancer . She has had a stint procedure to help eliminate toxins and bile to lesson the jaundice and itching. The entire liver is involved and the doc that did that procedure said that it was probably there a year and was in the tissue (whatever that means). Her feet and ankles swell , although they are not so bad when she first gets up in the morning they do swell before she has been up long. She is up sometimes 5 times in the night to pee. Can you tell me, from your experience, what is in store. She won t let me talk to the doctor with her and I have to respect that but on the other hand, I need to know what to expect, when to expect it and what to watch for.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012