Light spotting, negative pregnancy test, no other pregnancy sign. When should I take another test?

I have very irregular periods but when I do get them they are usually heavy. For the last 3 days I have had very light spotting with light pink and brown discharge . I last had sex on January second and took a pregnancy test Friday the 18th and it came out negative. I have no other pregnancy symptoms but was hoping it was implantation bleeding . When should I take another pregnancy test... I am not sure how long I should wait if it is implantation bleeding or if it sounds like implantation bleeding. I never had it with my first pregnancy.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Hello madam,your history is incomplete, you did not mention how irregular are your cycles, weather it takes 2-3 months or very long like 6 months or 30 to 45 days?when is you last menustrual date and also your age....from your history it looks like anovulatory cycles, the most comman cause is polycystic ovarian syndrome...well i would suggest you to do a serum beta HCG wherein pregnancy can be detected earlier than a urine pregnancy may have to consult your gynaecologist, as detail history and examination is required..hope i was helpful to you. .....