Light, bloody mucus/discharge after sex, have unprotected sex. Possible causes ?

Hi, my boyfriend and I are serious and have been dating for a few years now so occasionally, we don t worry about using condoms and have unprotected sex. My last regular period (normally lasts 5-7 days on avg.) was on December 11th, 2012. I missed my period in January but then I got what seemed to be my period for 2 days in the beginning of February. My periods are regular and I ve had it for 10 years now. But whenever my boyfriend and I have sex now, there seems to be light, bloody mucus/ discharge . What could this be caused by? Also, my boyfriend and I have been sexually active for a couple of years and we also lost our virginity to each other so I m quite positive it s not caused by an STD .
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013