Light bleeding, pain on left side. Had done d&c for incomplete miscarriage. Should I go for ultrasound?

hello doctor I had d and c, following an incomplete miscarriage and ended up losing more blood(about 2L) during d and c and now recovering from it now.Dr said the particles was adhering to endometrium very strongly and they had to strain more for d and c .This was 2 weeks before and now iam getting light bleeding and pain during evening time on the left side( i specified left side as retained products accumulated on my left side previously) .Now i fear to do an ultrasound as i think it could affect the wound inside the spot where they did d and c .so i would like to know when should i do an ultrasound to confirm no retained products and is it safe to do so now as the d and c process lead me to more bleeding previously Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013