Lichen sclerosis, have pain during intercourse due to a tear close to the anus on the inner side, awaiting biopsy results, have anxiety due to the suspicion of cancer. Suggestion?

I am 72 years of age and have been diagnosed with LS without first having a biosopy two years ago by a lady dermatologist whom I trust and on my last visit one week ago she performed a biosopy mainly due to the fact that I was complaining of pain during intimitate relations with my husband and was able to pinpoint the problem as she could see a tear (crack) very close to the perinium/ anus on the inside (which I couldn t see myself). My question is that she seems to suspect cancer from other organs and I haven t stopped worrying about the results pending. It will probably take at least three weeks for the result of my biosopy and I am finding it hard to sleep and eat and would love to know if I am causing myself more harm than good under these circumstances. Appreciate your advice on this matter. Tks. Gemma McCullough.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012