Lesion on labia majora with red center and dark edge, occurs around menses when I shave. Herpes?

Hi, on my labia Majora I found a lesion that is about 2-3 inches and is red in the center and has a dark edge around it. It burns when I pee or apply anything on it. It usually occurs around my menstrual cycle. When this does occur I usually shave using Nair and my period starts. I don t know if that is any correlation but that s what usually happens. I think it could be herpes but I don t know. Please help.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013