Leg injury, bruised from buttock to ankle. X-ray, MRI normal. Prescribed demerol. Tried physiotherapy. Suggestions?

8 months ago I fell off a boat ( pen leg on the dock, the other still on the boat). I went down like a wishbone being pulled apart. Took ambulance to emergency. X-rays were taken, couldn t find a break, gave me Demerol and made me walk out, telling me I had to use my lega Was unable to stand or walk on left leg, got crutches. Was on those for 2 weeks until able to put some weight on leg. Couldn t sit on left butt cheek for at least 6 weeks. Bruised from the bottom of my butt cheek to ankle. One straight line. Tried physio and caused more pain. I have since seen a semi retired OS who told me to stop physio as he was sure I had a treat in my knee . Had an MRI done results he said came back fine. In the same breath told me to start physio again, try for 2 months if pain worsens or does not get better to go back and he would send me for another MRI. Said I could have tendonis, bursitis , bad sprain . I would think those would show on an MRI? I co to ue to do gentle stretching , walking. Too much walking and stairs can get very painful. I have to go downstairs sideways. Running (across an intersection) makes me feel like my knee may give out. Could this be some kind of tear and there is swelling that hides the injury? Help.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013