Leg injury, bruise increasing. Concerned about swelling and itching

i hurt my leg(below my knees and above my ankle) during a football match. immediately after the accident the area turned green which usually does not happen in normal bruises. normally it takes time for the bruise to start coloring. after few hours it starting turning purple. and now after 9 days of accident the bruise area is increasing and moving downwards. i have read in the earlier articles that its a good thing that the bruise is spreading but m concerned because the areas are turnign blue and swelling up as well and itching too. do i need to worry? should i see the doc?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012