Left side neck pain. Extra clicking when swallowing. Ultrasound normal. Something serious?

I have some left side neck pain . My swallow has been bothering me. If I swallow facing forward or with my head to the right there is extra clicking in my throat. If I turn my head to the left my swallow is smooth. In April I was blowing up a balloon and felt the left side of my neck, near my jawline, exand and pop. My swallowing issues started after that. Could my balloon blowing incident be the cause of my swallling issues and what might the treatment be. No choking or signs of dysphagia just annoying, uncomfortable extra clicking when I swallow. I ve had blood test run this week and my WBC are elevated. An ultra sound of my thyroid and left side of my neck came back normal. The Dr. has ordered a CT scan of my neck. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012